Back Home

Previous

Al-Farradiyya

 

Population   :

1931         : 465

1944/45     : 670

 

A1-Farradiyya Before 1948

The village stood on the southern slope of Mount Zabud. The Nazareth—Safad highway passed just to the north of it. Al-~Farradiyya may have been built on the site of a village known during the Roman period as Parod. The Arab geogra­pher al-Maqdisi (d. 985) referred to it as al-Farradhiyya and described it as a large village, renowned for its groves of fruit trees and p-apes, located in a pleasant area with plentiful water.

 

Data is incomplete for now.

Back Home

Previous